Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter,can't sleep

well,like I said,I woke up for the middle of the night obligitory pee and found my son had taken his friend home,so now I am roaming the house waiting for the phone call to come and rescue him...he doesnt have a good track record from this next town for some reason,thus the mother worrying, so,while I wait I mite as well tell you about my mystery quilt..last year I was lucky enuff to win the jinny beyer quilt challenge2006 and my prize was 150 meters of jinny beyer fabric..OMG..$4650 dollars worth,not a bad prize ay!!so,in the yahoo group I am in we are doing a mystery quilt, well what better way to use my prize..this is the first 2 rows, centre Paper pieced, then first go at flying geese..I was happy with the outcome,you see I am a longarm quilter,but havn't pieced many quilts...this will be about my 4th I think, I struggle with the precision of piecing,I tend to be a bit near enuff is good enuff,so this one I am trying very hard...my friend Misty from Adelaide bought me the wonderful book,of paper piecing..never thought I would like it but another friend showed me how to do it and bobs your uncle....when I retrive some of my other pics from my puter to this one I shall post a pic of the jinny challenge quilt,..its still out roaming the country,due back late june,I will be glad to see how it returns,you see it was all 3D and flowers,wonder how many of them has wilted in its travels..well I must sign off now as its a bit cool here at the computer..cheers Pat..pS happy easter you guys.xx

1 comment:

Jane Monk said...

Hey Pat - Welcome to the world of blogging - took me awhile to realise you had your own up and running. Looks good - put some more pictures of your quilts on there so we can see - and what about a picture of you and a link to your web site?

Cheers
Jane x